I was actually going to do productive yardwork today, but the stupid weather is ruining my day! However, I've been meaning to do this, so here it goes!
My lovely parents & brother surprised me with a trip to Phoenix next week. While I'm super excited to go, I am unfortunately inexperienced at air travel, and I have a list of questions that I would really appreciate input/answers to! I'm nervous because not only have I never gone farther than the food court in an airport, I don't know much about layovers, luggage checks, or which gate to go to in an airport!
I'm leaving next week, and I have a plane switch in Las Vegas (I get to play slots for an hour, woo!)
1. When you have a layover, are you supposed to do anything about the checked luggage? It's my understanding that you just worry about your carry on and the luggage will be in the destination city for you, not the layover--simply put, do I have to check luggage twice??
2. I'm a girl, and I have a purse, but I don't want to check my laptop and would prefer to have it as a carry on in addition to my purse--is that allowed?
3. Where do I go when I get to my layover city??? How do I know which gate to go to at the Las Vegas airport?
4. When I get to Phoenix, is there a designated area to get my checked luggage from, and do I do that right away? Do I have to go through security when I get off of a plane??
See why I am a little nervous? Please don't think I'm stupid--I just don't know what I'm doing!
1. You don't have to check your luggage twice, it's switched over for you.
ReplyDelete2. Yes.
3. It will be on your 2nd boarding pass that you print at home or at the airport.
4. They will announce where your baggage is located (i.e. "Baggage area B, carousel 13", some airports have baggage on ground level or some have a shuttle train that takes you from terminals to baggage area. Signs make it really easy to figure out most of the time, otherwise ASK! Also, ifly.com is a good website for what each airport has. And no security checks when you get off plane or switch flights.
Have Fun!!!