Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BELIEVE.

That's what it says on my new bracelet. Technically, it's a Christmas-themed bracelet, but I think I will keep it around for a while. Are people allowed to have themes? If so, I'm going to try to make "believe" my new theme, perspective; whatever you'd like to call it.

What will I believe in, you ask? Obviously I have beliefs: I believe in God, my Catholic faith, my family, love, friendship, trust, loyalty. However, I've been having trouble believing in myself lately. It's not as dreary as it sounds: I just have some trouble believing that I can accomplish certain aspects of life that I haven't experienced yet. Without going too much into it so that it'll depress you or make me out to be a self-absorbed ninny (yes, ninny), I will just occasionally list "believe" lists. Not too many now; wouldn't want to get ahead of myself. It's a process. Writing is a way for me to commit to something, even if I am the only one reading this. Ready? Let's go!

I believe:
1) I will make an excellent teacher



That's all for today. Let's get back to the fun stuff! My mom & I have been baking/cooking all day. I don't even know what my sisters have been doing, but I'm sure we're all ready to collapse--in fact, I'm not sure why I'm still awake! Anyway, here's what Mom & I tackled today (and accomplished)

-2- Pumpkin Pies
-2- Cornbread Casseroles
-1- Pumpkin Spice Cake
-4- HUGE batches of Stuffing/Dressing (thanks, Michael Symon)
-1- Batch of Fennel/Onion/Green Bean Relish

I also set one of three dinner tables & prepped the morning "turkey" table (3 turkeys at 7am; hello knockout!)

I don't know which way is up anymore! Big shout out thanks to all of my siblings for pitching in! The Sheas know how to bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment