It's finally here! Thanksgiving! Christmas! There are so many wonderful reasons to love this time of year! On one level, I love to go shopping for my nieces, nephews, and the respective family members' holiday birthdays (Mom, sister, niece, Godson). On another level, I love to celebrate the religious aspects of the holiday; my mom & I go to Mass on Thanksgiving & deliver flowers to a family friend (every year since I was born!); Going to Mass on Christmas and celebrating my mom's mom (Goo) tradition of Christmas, Wigilia, or Vigil Supper, on Christmas Eve.
Sometimes, however, it's hard to be happy about the holidays, and they are, admittedly, for selfish reasons. I wish I could somehow block out my disappointments & worries around this time of the year and focus on the more important aspects of the season. So here's the question I pose to you, a reader (assuming there is someone out there who reads this): How do you keep yourself hopeful? How do you avoid falling into a holiday slump, even if you love the holidays? I'm half-hoping for a magic trick type of answer from you, but I know that's not realistic.
One way I'm trying to keep more hopeful? Praying more. I hope that no angels, saints, or the Holy Family aren't getting sick of me, especially Sts. Raphael, Anthony, & Therese. I really need some guidance. I want to enjoy the holidays, but I selfishly want to take care of a couple of aspects of my life, too.
Here's to hoping that I stay hopeful this holiday season. That I remember to focus on time with family, time to embrace my faith, and time to put my own worries on the back burner & just hold onto the thought that maybe by next year, my life will have improved in one particular area.
+Sts. Raphael, Anthony, & Therese, Goo & Grandpa, Pumpa & Grandma: Pray for me. Pray for my family. My friends. And Pray for a wonderful holiday season.+
No comments:
Post a Comment