Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almond Milk: Approved

Pretty self-explanatory. I went grocery shopping when I got done with classes today and finally made the decision to take a chance on Almond Milk. A few reasons factored into that decision:


(1) I really don't like the taste of straight up milk. I usually wind up wasting the milk I try to drink and only drink it in earnest when it's chocolate flavored, and I"m not going to do that all the time


(2) Almond milk does seem to have some health benefits--nothing that should replace the nutrients of milk, but it can hold it's own to a certain extent:
    -There's no cholesterol
    -There's no lactose (for those of you that are lactose intolerant and are looking for something besides             soy milk)


I don't know about what you've tried, but I've given soy milk quite a few chances, and I just don't like it. There's an aftertaste and overall texture I don't enjoy, but the almond milk tastes like a milkshake! That sounds so weird, but it's the taste I got. Warning: I got the vanilla-flavored one, so that may be the only reason it was so delicious. Anyway, it's something that has some health benefits, and it's something I can just drink by itself and I don't need anything to cover it up with.


Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely be putting it on my Honey Nut Cheerios ;)




It's a small substitution to make, but this may help me out in the long run.


Thoughts? Any switches you've made?


If you're open to make a switch and, like me, don't really enjoy soy milk, grab vanilla-flavored almond milk when you're at the grocery store next!

www.silkpurealmond.com

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog! I am glad I found it. Love Almond Milk. Recently switched from oatmeal to CinnaBurst Cheerios and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded my coupon. Kyle--I will give you my expert opinion that vanilla flavored almond milk flavors my morning coffee on a new level! Please feature it in your next vlog

    ReplyDelete