Saturday, April 23, 2011

Long time, no blog!

For the two people that read this ;) I apologize for falling short on my blogging! School has been getting in the way of doing anything these days--in fact, I should be working on two papers and three homework assignments right now, but let's just say I did it already, shall we?

I'm not really in a blogging mood today, so I'll just post some pictures! Plus, my friend Rose sent me a "30 facts about yourself." It will be interesting if I can think of more than ten things, but here it goes :)
The pictures will obviously accompany said "facts." By the way, there will be no particular order to this list--rather, get a peek into my mind and see how I flip from one thought to another!

1. I really don't enjoy alcohol unless it's sweet, and even then I'm picky. The only alcoholic beverage I would go out of my way to order is Saracco Moscato d'Asti, the sweetest and most delicious wine I've ever tasted! In fact, one of my sisters went to the basket blessing today for me and she got a bottle of it blessed! I'm enjoying a glass right now :)


2. If baking was a possible career for me, I'd open a bakery in a heartbeat. Too bad fear and money stand in my way! But yes, I've heavily considered just going for it--more than once...

3. In terms of living arrangements, I love being so close to Chicago--my rule is if you see the skyline from your house, you're in the limits. However, I'm pretty extreme in terms of where I would choose to live instead of Chicago--California or Maine, and no in-between. No, I have never been to either, but those are the two states I would really love to live, even temporarily :) But I haven't forgotten about the Cape Cod region, either....

4. The only place I'd consider re-locating permanently (and have never been to) is Ireland. Even if I didn't like the weather at first, I'd be determined to get used to it just for the sake of saying I live there!


5. Notice that I have a lot of big dreams or hopes? I hope I never lose that, even when I get what they call "a grown up job"

6. When people actually find out what my thoughts are about a particular subject, I think it shocks them. In certain ways, I guess my thoughts and feelings about certain issues would confuse people. For example, I am anti-animal cruelty, but I hate PETA (There's a difference between anti-cruelty and pro-animal rights...). I think it's important that women have an opportunity to work, but that your family should always take the front seat.



7. Whenever I eat meat, I feel guilty. Maybe it's because I read too much about those topics; I also think that just because God put certain animals on Earth to nourish humans doesn't mean we can treat them however we want.

8. If my parents have passed any personality trait onto me, it's that I hate shopping for myself, and I have more fun shopping for other people! Literally every paycheck I get goes into someone's birthday present :)

9. I have two Twitter accounts....eerie, right?

10. I find myself quoting "How I Met Your Mother" way too often! It's the result of staying home too much from writing papers! PS Thank you Lifetime OnDemand and my DVR!

11. This year, I'm much more excited about graduating than my birthday.

12. Even though I transferred to Dominican, I've been really lucky to have such great professors over the years.


13. Dominican University has the best undergraduate Psychology program in the country. And I don't even like Dominican, but I love the Psychology department :)

14. If I knew a meal was my last, I'd have: Mom's roast chicken, her chicken noodle soup, Jim & Pete's garden salad with ranch dressing,  Mom's scalloped potatoes, and pot roast. Oh, and I'd have Cake's by Kay's Devil's food cake with fudge frosting for dessert. Too much??

15. My favorite restaurant of all time is Colony House in Trevor, WI

16. I wish I was a better singer

17. Speaking of music, I think I have pretty rad (and ecclectic) taste; My Pandora and Itunes are exploding with diverse music! PS new obsession: French Jazz and renewed obsession: The Shins

18. I really love psychology in general. I wish I could get my masters/doctorate for free and without any work ;)


19. One of the best compliments I've ever received came from my Protestant friend who told me "I wish I had your faith. You're so in love with your faith!"


20. I believe everyone can understand faith better if they put at least 10 minutes a day aside to think about it and study it! Heck, I'm still trying to figure a lot of it out!

21. I want my own cooking show. I want to get paid to make & eat food!

22. I'm extremely uncomfortable in unfamiliar settings--and by that I mean people. If I don't know a lot of people, I'll be quiet "as a church mouse" according to one of my professors.

23. Even though I don't express it that often, my family takes priority over absolutely everything else in my life--yes, even my education.

24. I learned the hard way (but good way in the end) that I have standards when it comes to relationships--thank goodness ;)

25. This is my last "fact": I get bored after a while, especially when I'm drinking wine and assembling Easter baskets!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic update! It's weird but my friend sent me the same "30 Things" and I match you word-for-word on 17 out of your 25. You guess which ones!!! I recently won an award for my awesome blog and really great webshow, so obviously I know a thing or two about this stuff. Why not start your own cooking based webshow? Or guest star in one of our snack segments? It could be a great way to launch your career.

    ReplyDelete