Thursday, May 5, 2011

Now what?

Although it's not official until I'm holding that diploma in my hand, I'm finished with my undergraduate career--and I have no plan of what's coming next.


Three hours after the final was over, I was polishing up my resume (I can add Psi Chi to it, now!) and on careerbuilder. 


Sounds weird, but I think I have a better idea of what I want to do now.


The company is Heartland Alliance. They are a non-profit organization who have the mission of "Heartland Alliance advances the human rights and responds to the human needs of endangered populations—particularly the poor, the isolated, and the displaced—through the provision of comprehensive and respectful services and the promotion of permanent solutions leading to a more just global society."


Their clients are usually refugees or the severely impoverished that are looking to improve and rebuild their lives. If I got the job I am interested in, I would write case reports, review research & interpret it, interview children and family members that have been displaced or are impoverished. 


Once my resume has an acceptable final appearance, I'm going to apply for the job. It's a giant shock--I didn't expect to find anything when I began looking. Realistically, I have no idea how this will work out, but it's never too soon to start looking, right? Even if I don't get it, I have a better idea of what I am interested in doing.


Sorry, no recipes today for your belly. How about a recipe for your ears?


1) Cosmic Love    ~Florence + the Machine
2) Pretty/Unpretty   ~Lea Michele & Dianna Agron, Glee
3) "Dreams" (Fleetwood Mac) ~Kristen Chenowith & Matt Morrison (I love The Mac, but KChen killed it)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is great news about finishing school. Some blogs are really good, others stink. kylepdempseyonlineinformationdotcom is a great blog, with a great webshow. Have you checked it out lately? Heartland Alliance is a wonderful organization. Hope all goes well there.
    Sorry, I just cannot guest blog for you this week. Thanks for the offer but we're swamped and I need to concentrate on my epitome. Maybe I'll get another chance to guest blog in August.

    ReplyDelete